by admin posted Jul 02, 2021
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

N5.JPG

아리조나주 한인회(배수형 회장) 주최 '제71주년 6.25전쟁 기념행사'가 6월 25일(금) 오전 11시부터 코튼우드 컨트리 클럽 사와로 룸에서 열렸다.

이날 행사에는 커맨더 Don Taylor, Leon Johnson, Alex Pavlin, Mic Tucker, Richard Volpe, Francis Smith 그리고 학도병 출신으로 한국전에 참전한 한인 김혁래 씨 등 7명의 참전용사들이 자리했다.

한인회에서는 배수형 회장과 민안식 이사장, 배석준 이사, 캐서린 장 이사,  한수연 서기, 민주평통 피닉스.라스베가스 지회 서덕자 지회장, 전 한인회장이자 통일교육 전태진 위원장 그리고 주의교회 박환우목사, 감로사 주지 종화스님이 행사에 함께 했다.

캐서린 장 이사가 사회를 보는 가운데 먼저, 참석한 참전용사들이 돌아가며 자신의 이름과 한국전 당시 근무지, 역할 등을 소개했다.

국기에 대한 경례, 미국 국가와 애국가 제창, 순국선열 및 호국영령에 대한 묵념 등 국민의례가 이어졌다.

배수형 회장은 환영사에서 어릴 때 아버지가 해주신 한국전과 미군에 대한 이야기를 회상하고 "한국의 자유를 위해 헌신해주신 것에 감사하다. 잘 알지도 못하는 나라의 국민들을 위해 청춘을 바친 희생과 용기에 설명할 길 없는 마음"이라며 "코로나19 팬데믹에도 불구하고 건강한 모습으로 이렇게 보게 돼서 기쁘다. 단지 이런 날만 참전용사들을 위할 것이 아니라 매일 여러분들의 노고에 고마움을 전해야 할 것으로 생각한다.  오늘 와주신 것에 다시 한 번 감사드린다"고 말했다.

민안식 이사장은 7살 어린 나이로 기억하는 한국전 당시 상황을 전하며 중공군 침공으로 공무원이던 아버지와 피신을 해야했었고 다시 돌아와보니 폐허가 된 마을, 여동생 두 명을 잃어버린 아픔 그리고 이후 나무 아래서 공부를 했던 일 등 70여년 전의 옛 기억을 함께 나눴다.

민 이사장은 헌신과 희생으로 한국민들이 일상을 되찾을 수 있게 도와준 참전용사들에게 고마움을 전했다.

이어 민 이사장은 로스앤젤레스 총영사관의 박경재 총영사 격려사를 대독했다.

참전용사들은 잊지 않고 자신들을 기억해주고 매년 이런 행사에 초청해주는 한인들에게 감사를 표했다.

한인회 측에서는 '감사의 코인'과 함께 마련한 선물 증정식을 가졌다.

박환우 목사와 종화스님이 함께 한 기도를 마지막으로 준비된 식순을 모두 마쳤고, 참석자들은 점심을 들며 환담을 나눴다.

N4.JPG

"The 71st Anniversary of the Korean War" hosted by the Korean Association of Arizona.

Hosted by the Korean Association of Arizona (Chairman Bae Soo-hyung), the 71st Anniversary of the Korean War was held at the Cottonwood Country Club Sawaro Room from 11 a.m. on June 25 (Friday).

The event was attended by seven veterans, including Commander Don Taylor, Leon Johnson, Alex Pavlin, Mick Tucker, Richard Volpe, Francis Smith, and Kim Hyuk-rae, a former Korean student who participated in the Korean War.

Chairman Bae Soo-hyung, Chairman Min An-sik, Director Bae Seok-joon, Director Catherine Chang, Secretary Han Soo-yeon, Secretary Seo Deok-ja, former Chairman of the Korean Association and Chairman of the Phoenix and Las Vegas Branch of the Democratic Peaceful Unification Education Jeon Tae-jin, Pastor Park Hwan-woo of the State Church, and Rev. Jonghwa, Governor of Gamnosa, attended the event.

While director Catherine Chang was hosting the event, the veterans who attended took turns to introduce their names, places of work and roles during the Korean War.

People's rites followed, including salutes to the national flag, the singing of the U.S. national anthem and national anthem, and a silent tribute to the patriotic martyrs and patriots.

In his welcoming speech, Chairman Bae Soo-hyung recalled his father's story about the Korean War and the U.S. military as a child and said, "I am grateful for your dedication to Korea's freedom. "I have no way to explain the sacrifice and courage of my youth for the people of a country I don't know very well," he said. "I'm glad to see you like this despite the Corona 19 fandom. I think we should thank you every day for your hard work, not just for these days.  Thank you again for coming today," he said.

Min An-sik, chairman of the board of directors, shared his old memories of more than 70 years ago, including the fact that he had to flee with his father who was a civil servant in the wake of the Chinese military invasion, the pain of losing two younger sisters, and studying under a tree.

Min thanked veterans for helping Koreans regain their daily lives with their dedication and sacrifice.

Min then read Park Kyung-jae, consul general at the consulate general in Los Angeles.

The veterans did not forget to thank Koreans for remembering them and inviting them to such events every year.

The Korean Association held a gift ceremony with the "Coin of Appreciation."

The last prayer of Pastor Park Hwan-woo and Monk Jonghwa was completed, and the participants had a pleasant talk over lunch.

Articles

16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25